What is overnight oats?
Overnight oats (OO) is basically oats soaked in the liquid of your choice. Either milk or yogurt, but you can always experiment with other kinds. It is often chilled overnight (hence the name) and usually left uncooked. However you can heat it up if you prefer to. It is perfect for days when you are in a rush to make breakfast, just make it in a jar the day before and it’s ready to go the next day.
You can add any kinds of toppings you want to it. You can add fresh fruits, nuts, dried fruits, peanut butter, etc. Many people also add chia seeds to the overnight oats. Be adventurous and try new additions, you might be pleasantly surprised!
This is also good to put together with your kids, let them play around with their favorite toppings and learn more about fruits and nuts, etc. There’s no or minimal cooking involved, so it’s safe for them as well.
In the following list, there are several sites that provide the recipes for a basic overnight oatmeal, and if can continue from there if you want to create your own personal one-of-a-kind oatmeal. Have fun! Remember, healthy doesn’t mean boring or tasteless!
- Mango Almond Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Blueberry Maple Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Apple Cinnamon Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Banana Cocoa Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Banana Peanut Butter Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Raspberry Vanilla Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Basic Overnight Oats
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter OO
- Strawbery Banana OO
- Cherry Chocolate Bomb Vegan Overnight Oats
- Blueberry Vanilla Banana Soft Serve Vegan Overnight Oats
- Peanut Butter and Jam Vegan Overnight Oats
- Strawberry Banana Softserve and carob Vegan Overnight Oats
- Banana Split Vegan Overnight Oats
- Gingerbread Pumpkin Vegan Overnight Oat Parfait
- Neapolitan Vegan Overnight Oat Parfait
Basically these are the more popular and interesting creations of overnight oats that I found. However, this list is by no means exhaustive! Get creative and come up with your own favorite recipe.
The picture and recipes do not belong to me but to their respective owner.
P.s: Here’s a link on how to spice up your oatmeal.
Pumpkin Spice Latte! (Recipe)
- Starbucks is running out of its popular fall drink Pumpkin Spice Latte! So I figured….DIY! :D
Ready for this one!?! Here’s a copycat favorite for all of those whose thoughts of fall include a Pumpkin Spice Latte.
The key to this copycat is actually their Pumpkin Spice Syrup, which you can buy in store or use the recipe below to make your own!
Add the syrup to a homemade latte and you’ve got the taste of Starbucks right at home INCLUDING the fabulous aroma! Now that’s a HUGE bonus to making your own!
Peanut butter and raspberry preserves on whole wheat bread with banana, kiwi, and an almond milk and strawberry smoothie.